Want to make your rooms look lived-in and free-spirited? You’ve come to the right place. Here, we’ve shared some interesting ideas to create laid-back decor in your home:
1) Exposed brick wall: Exposed brick walls work wonders in creating a low-key background. Most homemakers tend to use this idea in their living room. However, you can take a unique approach and use this idea in your kitchen. To recreate this style in your kitchen, choose the main cooking zone as the focus area. Make sure to install all the kitchen essentials, including an electric chimney and storage racks to complete the look.
2) Low-rise bed: There’s something unique about beds that have a low-rise design. They instantly elevate the comfort factor in your bedroom; you can just crash on one after a tiring day. There are several benefits of using low-rise beds as well. If you live in an area with hot weather, you can beat the heat with a low-rise bed as they draw cool temperature from the floor. Also, low-rise beds don’t have bottom space which means no room for dust to accumulate.
Depending on the size of your bedroom, you can use plywood from Greenply to get a low-rise bed of the right height and size built. The brand’s Green Club Flexiply, Green Gold Prima Plywood, and Green Defender Plywood are highly suitable for furniture-building. These plywood are unaffected by termite, borer, moisture, and water. You can explore them at https://greenplyplywood.com/plywood-blockboard/plywood.html.
3) Plush sofa: Nothing is as comforting as resting on a plush sofa. Whether you already have a comfy sofa or are planning to buy one, there’s always room for adding more coziness to the furniture piece. Bring in multiple plush cushions and throws to scale up the furniture item’s comfort factor. Another great way to accessorize the furniture piece is to bring in an ottoman that has a plush upholstery. Plush area rugs, potted plants, and a floor lamp are other essential comfort elements you can use.
4) Neutral paint treatment: Wall colors such as jade, beige, cyan, and faded blue are easy on the eyes. By painting your rooms’ walls with these soothing hues, you can create a relaxed, laid-back ambiance. Also, these shades make the perfect backdrops in your rooms. You can use brighter or darker colored furniture items and showpieces to create striking color contrasts.
5) Modest showpieces: Simple, clean design is the key to removing the air of stress and chaos in your rooms. This is true for showpieces as ones that have complex design aren’t easily discerned. When creating a laid-back decor for your rooms, your best bet is to choose showpieces with a modest design.
Choose showpieces such as handcrafted vases and pots that have sleek lines and are comforting to the eyes. To avoid your rooms from looking heavily accessorized, choose a specific spot and create a cluster of showpieces on it.
6) Mirror: Mirrors have now become a decor staple. The accessory is suitable for laid-back decor as well. Decorative mirrors are your best friend if you have limited spaces in your rooms as they make any given space look more spacious than it is.
Mirrors with sunbursts designs have a timeless look. One good way to make the most out of the mirrors is to place them adjacent to your windows. This way, you can reflect natural light and make the room appear brighter.